Contract School Nurse Opening for Second Semester 23-24 School Year
Contract School Nurse for 2023-2024 School Year
At ProCare Therapy, we believe we can positively impact communities by dedicating our time and resources to closing the gap between the number of school professionals and the amount of students needing special care.
That starts by investing in our smaller community of therapists. We offer a valuable support system to therapists and new grads, and a network of leading school professionals to school districts.
We are working with a school district located in Monterey, CA that is looking to hire an RN for the 2023-2024 school year.
The selected candidate will be hired on as a full time contracted employee through ProCare Therapy. A full school year contract will be awarded for you to complete. While undergoing your assignment, you will be provided with: competitive compensation, weekly paychecks, and superior healthcare benefits through United Healthcare
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Hours: 7:30 - 3:30
- Monday - Friday
- K-12th grade caseload
- Previous pediatric experience required
- Previous experience as a supervisor preferred
- RN will be based in Health office
- Pay: $43+ per hour
- Provide health screening services (hearing, vision, scoliosis) and follow up on issues identified.
- Maintain a list of students with major health conditions and provide updates to the staff.
- Assess student records for compliance with state mandates for immunization and physical exam requirements.
- Monitor medications given at school.
- Provide emergency care when on site.
- Identify communicable diseases and refer to medical provider; conduct a program to prevent the spread of disease.
- Maintain health records on all students.
- Respond to teacher concerns about student health issues.
- Provide special procedures, or instruct others in their application, that are required by students with special needs.
- Make home visits as appropriate.
- Provide current health and developmental information on students during the Student Study Team process
- Active RN license in California
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- CPR & BLS certified
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Previous pediatric or school nursing experience is preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- Weekly pay
- 401k matching
- Insurance through United Health Care: Medical, dental and vision
- Reimbursement for continuing education
- Relocation assistance
- 10 15 minute screening call with a ProCare Therapy Recruiter
- 20-30 Minute virtual interview directly with the school district
- Offer is typically within 24-48 hours of the virtual interview
Please reach out if you have any additional questions regarding the position or our other openings!
Recent Nurse Jobs
- South Milwaukee, WI
- Morristown, NJ
- Newburg, MO
- Darrington, WA
- Darrington, WA
- Cincinnati, OH
- Newark, NJ
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Spring Valley, CA