Job Code: 1138738
Jersey City, NJ
Category: Homehealth - NP
Posting Company: Sunbelt Staffing
Last Updated: 12/03/2018
Accepting applications for a qualified and independent Nurse Practitioner for Long Term Care in Jersey City, NJ. This is a 13 week assignment with possible opportunity to extend.
- See patients with Optum insurance in 3-4 nursing homes in the area
- Manage patient acuity in nursing homes, potentially to their own home if patient is released
- Manage the care of residents in collaboration with PCP, create treatment plans, prescribe medications
- Complete Medicare Advantage Assessments and Review Part B and Part A skilling events.
- As an CPM Nurse Practitioner you will provide care to your caseload of patients. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre-designated group of enrollees
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric, Family or Acute Care NP
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a long term care setting or community setting for a minimum of one year preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
Shift Start/End Time:
- Business hours 8-5 M-F
To apply and learn more about this chance and others, please contact:
Carly Timmons-National Healthcare Consultant