We need a Nurse Practitioner in Wilmington, NC for a Long-Term Care setting. This is a contract position until Feb 1st with a possible extension to a permanent offer. Shift is Mon-Fri 8a-5p.
1. Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
2. Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric, Family or Acute Care NP
3. 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a long term care setting or community setting for a minimum of one year preferred.
4. Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
5. Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
• Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
• Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
• Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
• Home care or home visit experience
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively
1. See patients with Optum insurance in 3-4 nursing homes in the area
2. Manage patient acuity in nursing homes, potentially to their own home if patient is released
3. Manage the care of residents in collaboration with PCP, create treatment plans, prescribe medications
4. Complete Medicare Advantage Assessments and Review Part B and Part A skilling events.
Primary Care Delivery
1. Deliver cost-effective, quality care to assigned members.
2. Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider.
3. Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations.
Senior Advance practice Account Manager/National Hiring Manager