Licensed Practical Nurse | 1:1 School Nurse 22/23 School Year
School Nurse | Somerville, New Jersey
ProCare Therapy is contract staffing and recruiting agency. We work directly with school districts across the United States and provide qualified teachers and nurses.
We are working with a school district in the Somerville area that is need of a certified nurses assistant for the entire 2022-2023 school year. This position will be contracted for the entire school year and will have the opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted employee of ProCare Therapy you will receive weekly compensation, benefits through United Healthcare and a 401K.
If you are interested in a job with a great work life balance, please apply. If you have any further questions about this position my information can be found below.
Job Type: Contract Licensed Practical Nurse
- Full time: 40 hours/week
- September 6th, 2022 - June 14th, 2023
- Caseload: 1:1 with 11 year old student
- Nurse will be required to ride the bus to and from school with the student
- This student relies on a nurse to come to school everyday, otherwise they would not be allowed to come to school
- Duties may include: Tracheotomy care, tube feedings, bus riding, medication administration etc.
- Perform specialized health care procedures for students following an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP) developed by a credentialed school nurse. Specialized care in the IHCP may include, but is not limited to gastric tube feeding, catheterization, tracheostomy care, suctioning, and oxygen therapy.
- Under supervision and according to established guidelines, provide basic assessment, prescribed treatment and evaluation of students with diabetes; perform calculations of insulin dosages according to regular and sliding scale adjustments; administer insulin.
- Administer medications according to established guidelines, including, but not limited to glucagons, diastat, and Epi-pens.
- Administer first aid and CPR as required.
- Maintain medical records.
- Maintain student records and files; prepare routine reports related to completion of health procedures, medication
sadministration ,IEPs and assigned activities.
- Monitor students with specialized health care needs during bus transport including field trips and specialized activities.
- Assist disabled students in daily functioning, including but not limited to: feeding, toileting, exercise, and positioning.
- Assist in student instruction using teacher-prepared plans.
- Monitor student activities as assigned and under direction of a certificated employee.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with students and co-workers.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active Licensed Practical Nurse license in New Jersey
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
The school district is looking to hire for the 2022-2023 school year! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
If you have any further questions about this position, please reach out. I am available via email, phone or text. My contact information can be found below.
Director of Educational Resources
Recent Nurse Jobs
- Bloomington, MN
- Puyallup, WA
- Waltham, MA
- Olympia , WA
- Natick, MA
- Henderson, FL
- Lakewood, WA
- Portland, OR
- Sacramento, CA