Travel LPN Small Facility Night Shift in Kansas
Travel Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Long Term Care in Kansas
Sunbelt is hiring a License Practical Nurse (LPN) with one year of experience for a Long-Term Care facility in Garnett, KS. This 45-bed facility is looking for a kind and compassionate nurse. If you are interested in this Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position in Garnett, KS, you are encouraged to apply today.
Shift: Night Shift, 7p-7a, 12 shifts, 36 Hours a week, EOW
Employment Type: Travel Contract for 6 weeks
- Completion of an accredited LPN program accepted by the Kansas Board of Nursing for licensure
- Current LPN license recognized by the State of KS Board of Nursing and/or Compact License
- Current Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
- One year in travel LPN experience
- COVID Vaccination (preferred)
Request offs and call outs will not be accepted.
- Greets and escorts patients to exam rooms for medical provider visit. Obtains and documents, in the electronic medical record (EMR), subjective and objective data regarding the patient accurately and concisely.
- Applies nursing care in accordance with Chapter Six of the Code of Iowa, in an economical and efficient manner and ensures a safe and clean environment.
- Acts in a professional manner, reflecting the mission of the Community Health Center and demonstrates compliance with all policy, procedures and federal/state regulations and demonstrating ongoing service excellence skills.
- Communicates to the provider, verbally or through the EMR notification process, information about patient; any problems, needs or changes in patient status. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately with internal and external customers, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Provides basic education and applicable handouts to patients appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs; explains lab/diagnostic test to the patient including proper preparation.
- Administers medications or treatments per scope of practice to the patient as ordered. Utilizes proper procedure with special consideration for patient safety and PHC’s infection control practices.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care.
- Performs lab/diagnostic testing as ordered by provider; reports all critical lab values to the provider immediately; performs quality controls and maintains all laboratory/diagnostic test logs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPPA and the PHC Corporate Compliance Program.
- Assists other members of the team to include, but not limited to, answering incoming phone calls, updating information in the computer, scheduling appointments and procedures, preparing and managing patient records in the EMR, and other office tasks required to keep the clinic operating smoothly.
- Anticipates and prepares exam room with equipment and supplies required for the visit; assists the health care team with exams and procedures.
To apply to this LTC LPN position in Garnett, KS, please email your resume and Supervisory References to [email protected]
Emily Janecek Senior National Hiring Manager
3687 Tampa Rd., Ste 200 Oldsmar, FL 34677
O 813-792-3464 / M 727-304-1553
- #nurselife #nursingjobs #nursejobs #registerednurse #nowhiring #travelnurse #emilysunbeltjobs #whereyoushine #sunbeltturns30 #nurse #travelnurse #lpn #lpnjobs #nursejobs # #Hawkeyenurses #kansasnurses #IAnurses #travelnursing #kansasjobs
Recent Nurse Jobs
- Elkins, WV
- West Springfield, MA
- Marianna, FL
- Niceville, FL
- Houston , TX
- Tulsa, OK
- Townsend, MT
- New Orleans, LA
- Garnett, KS